Director of Advancement Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director of Advancement to join our team.
- Develop and lead a bicentennial campaign (2024);
- Oversee major internal and external events;
- Attend VIA events and activities and foster pride and excitement in fundraising efforts;
- Ensure the adoption of a thorough and wide-ranging prospect research program that maximizes opportunities to engage new donor communities;
- The management of the data base of donors;
- Establish annual goals, provide regular performance reviews and recognition, and support ongoing professional development opportunities;
- Oversee the Kents Hill Fund (annual giving);
- Coach, mentor, and oversee a team of advancement professionals;
- The management of various fundraising and donor cultivation events;
- Directing the monthly donor-giving process;
- Clearly articulate and promote a strong case for support that grows the donor base and giving levels;
- The management of the advancement office budget;
- Implement and interpret data, trends, and metrics to continuously refine strategy and direction;
- Build a robust, intentional strategy to address parent and alumni giving and engagement;
- Facilitating social media marketing, event photography and efforts that connect the work of the ministry directly to the donor base.
- Possess strong multi-tasking abilities;
- Possess strong writing and verbal skills for consistent donor correspondence;
- Have a strong adherence to the Catholic faith and it’s spiritual and moral principles;
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and accounting software;
- Possess strong sales and relationship management skills;
- Possess no less than a bachelor’s degree, preferably a graduate degree, from an accredited university.