Market research data analysts study statistics and information collected through surveys.
Data Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Data Analyst to join our team.
- Recommend different ways to constantly improve data reliability and quality;
- Makes suggestions to safety leaders on processes to improve results;
- Import data into proprietary information systems using MS Excel and other data transformation tools;
- Serve as contact point for psychometric data and information;
- Serve as an analytics guide to others — training and sharing knowledge to build a stronger, self-sufficient analysis culture;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience;
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned;
- Create customized reports summarize key takeaways, make recommendations and propose specific action plans;
- Codify knowledge (practices & content) and support the development of dissemination products (e.g., white papers, and infographics);
- Identify business rules that govern how data is transformed, integrated and used;
- You will identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets;
- Monitor KPIs to identify potential opportunities to improve company performance;
- Keeping up to date with evolving technologies and applications;
- Database management including updating and performing quality control checks to validate that all information in the system is accurate;
- Make data based process improvement recommendations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a closely related field;
- Experience in an Agile/SCRUM environment;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good computer skills with proficiency Microsoft Office;
- Promotes an environment of sharing, exploration and collaboration among the practitioner community;
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure;
- Collaboration with multi-functional teams (Consumer Research, Finance, Marketing, IT, Sales);
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Perform analysis of trends of technical data, or other information (Fixed route / maintenance), that may have an impact on one area of the business;
- Familiar with IT design and development methodologies (SDLC), e.g., Waterfall, Agile, DevOps);
- Must possess an active DoD Secret security clearance (note: this requires US citizenship.);
- Naval or Shipyard Experience;
- A high level of expertise in VBA programming is essential;
- Ability to handle a large volume of cases.