Business Data Analyst I performs routine business analysis using various techniques, e.g. statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining. Researches best practices and supports developing the solutions and recommendations for the current business operations. Being a Business Data Analyst I may work with the internal or external client to identify analytical requirements. May provide business data interpretation. Additionally, Business Data Analyst I may help to produce ad hoc data and reports. May assist in developing or implementing systems to capture business operation information. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. The Business Data Analyst I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a Business Data Analyst I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Business Data Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Data Analyst to join our team.
- Support Operations with analytics and data reporting to deeply understand our customers and improve operational efficiency;
- Monitor existing metrics, develop and propose new metrics, and identify new, actionable risk signals;
- Support implementation of and work within a Tableau Server environment to build, deploy and automate various analyses and dashboard reports;
- Financial Management Dashboard combining pre-award, post-award, and effort assignments in various visual presentations;
- Organize large data sets and be able to summarize key findings to manager and team in daily/weekly operational reports;
- database characteristics (tables, fields, valid values) for broader team understanding and decision making;
- pull data samples from various databases;
- Identify training opportunities and conduct appropriate training across cross-functional teams;
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing the quality of our provider interactions;
- Provides recommendations for decisions affecting business operations and strategic initiatives;
- Able to conduct analysis from existing databases. Includes ability to;
- Carries out quality assessment of data, data reports and the accompanying decisions.
- 2 years of experience in the financial data services industry;
- Experience with financial data analysis and modeling using Excel (2 years) and SQL (1 year);
- Proficiency in SQL required;
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills;
- Proficiency in Google Analytics required;
- SQL knowledge;
- Experience working with B2B marketing is strongly preferred;
- Bachelors Degree in business administration, finance or related field;
- Knowledgeable in online and offline marketing tactics including paid search, social, display, SEO, email marketing, and direct marketing;
- Analytical skills and experience developing reporting tools with SQL and spreadsheets;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort navigating fast-changing, fast-paced environments;
- CFA charter holder (must have completed a minimum of Level 1);
- Finance Concentration;
- Visualization tools such as Tableau and MS Power BI;
- Excellent organizational, analytical and influencing skills.