The Demand Planning Analyst determines the best metrics to use to provide the most accurate representation of the forecast. Analyzes inventory levels, production speed, and product demand to determine the amount of finished product that will be produced. Being a Demand Planning Analyst may require a bachelor’s degree. Works with other departments to determine optimal inventory levels. In addition, Demand Planning Analyst typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Working as a Demand Planning Analyst typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience. Gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
Demand Planning Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Demand Planning Analyst to join our team.
- Track weekly/monthly forecast error results versus established targets; identify and report on root cause for forecast error below targets;
- Revise base forecast model for multiple product groups to incorporate customer/market requirements and business plans;
- Interact with various departments including marketing, sales, finance, manufacturing, purchasing to ensure a smooth demand planning process;
- Serve as subject matter expert in demand planning for our in-country Demand Planning teams for specific region;
- Report on the business impact of timely and accurate forecasts for multiple product groups;
- Take care, that forecast for sales & investment plans are up to date and projected for 24 months;
- Make sure that business assumptions underlying the demand plan are reviewed, updated, agreed upon and documented;
- Educate in-Country Demand Planning teams in the use of mathematical models for statistical forecasting;
- Assist in the product retirement and new product introduction process;
- Define data requirements for statistical forecasting and gather and validate information;
- Process generated Information to relevant stakeholders;
- Acting as primary contact on assigned customer accounts;
- Handling other related duties as necessary;
- Handling the daily review and adjustments of sku based forecasts;
- Maintaining data integrity of assigned sku’s item definition.
- College Degree required;
- Good communication skills;
- 3-5 of experience in demand planning or related functions;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel required;
- Customer Service, VMI, & Planning experience a plus;
- 0-2 years of demand planning experience required;
- Excellent Spreadsheet skills and proficient use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word);
- Up to 10%
- Bachelor’s or preferred Master`s degree (e.g. in Supply Chain, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering);
- ERP systems experience required;
- Knowledge of Logility DP, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access a plus;
- Experience with SAP ERP, SAP IBP, SAP BW, Tableau, or Oracle Hyperion is a plus;
- Other analytical functions can also be taken into account.