The Senior Data Analyst determines best practices and develops actionable insights and recommendations for the current business operations or issues. Performs advanced business analysis using various techniques, e.g. statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, data mining. Being a Senior Data Analyst may handle special analytical projects as needed. Works closely with the internal or external client to identify analytical requirements. In addition, Senior Data Analyst may assist in implementing or developing systems to capture business operation information. May oversee the work of less experienced analysts. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. Being a Senior Data Analyst contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Data Analyst typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Data Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our team.
- Assessing existing data quality processes and toolkit for suitability going forward;
- Developing canonical data models;
- Able to interface closely with internal/external clients to identify the requirements for embedded Qlik reports;
- Proactively investigate and troubleshoot technical challenges, and direct corrective action;
- Ability to clearly communicate complex analysis to non-technical personnel both verbally and in written forms;
- Become a subject matter expert through exposure to Shape’s proprietary data and internal teams;
- Provide ad-hoc data analysis for customers on an as and when basis;
- Proficiency with spreadsheet applications, including Excel;
- Gather and document analytics needs and reporting requirements;
- Effectively translate statistical findings into actionable recommendations for senior leaders on game and business teams;
- Develop technical requirements for report automation and collaborate with engineers to implement these client solutions;
- Proactively identify business challenges;
- Partner with the Business Analytics team to streamline and scale data-related processes and workflows in Tableau;
- Manipulate raw data into robust analytic frameworks;
- Working with project teams that include ETL development, Data Quality, Data Assurance, and Data visualization.
- Experience working with Accounting/Finance/Business end users;
- Knowledge of JDE and other data analysis and financial software and tools;
- You have data manipulation skills and the ability to navigate relational databases via SQL, NoSQL architectures, and flat log files alike;
- Ability to demonstrate data analysis skill and ability to apply this to business situations;
- Deep experience with Tableau (or similar Business Intelligence tools);
- Experience with predictive analysis and statistical methods;
- Experience in the (foodservice/grocery/convenience/QSR) industry;
- Powerful skills writing SQL (MySQL, Microsoft Azure, Oracle, Snowflake);
- Minimum two years of data analysis experience;
- Solid understanding & proficiency in basic statistics;
- Advanced Excel and Tableau skills;
- Experience interacting with customers with good communication and problem discovery skills;
- Passion for driving business decisions using data-driven insights that result in superior growth;
- Ability to work within a diverse, technically oriented, team setting is a must;
- Expertise in data visualization tools such as Tableau.