VP, Data Engineering Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a VP, Data Engineering to join our team.
- Develop and maintain a technical metadata framework and repository of data events and ETL operations;
- Design, model and develop data sets to support reporting and analytics in a cloud environment;
- Automate BI reporting functions;
- ETL development: handle all aspects of programming assignments and assist with systems design;
- Lead and administer analytics tools and tag management systems;
- Advise in the usage, interpretation, and automation of data to various business partners;
- Recruit, retain and focus strong data engineers (onshore and offshore).
- Knowledge with tools that enable data querying at scale;
- Understanding of scalable systems and you have large-scale engineering experience;
- 8+ Years as a Data engineer using (Python, Scala);
- Experience with AWS/Cloud services;
- Expert understanding of data structures, algorithms, and effective software design;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- 5+ Years using SQL/T-SQL;
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data and data warehouses;
- Strong executive leadership experience leading teams of data engineers;
- Shown success driving teams and delivering results quickly in a startup environment;
- Data visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau;
- Hadoop, MapReduce, or other data platforms;
- Software data engineering with languages such as Java, Python, scripting;
- Working knowledge of digital media and/or consumer web services ecosystem, advertising experience is helpful;
- Real-time big data analytics and ETL development.