Public Relations Specialists Public relations specialists create and maintain a favorable public image for the organization they represent.
Public Relations Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Public Relations Specialist to join our team.
- Formulates response/statement for approval by Media Relations Director;
- Collaborates with Social Media team to proactively identify potential issues;
- Serves as initial point of contact for unit managers with issues that pose as a potential threat to Sodexo’s brand and reputation;
- Shares approved response with appropriate stakeholders and tracks issue through resolution;
- Develop and maintain a community of student newspaper editors through proactive outreach and sharing of relevant Sodexo content;
- Investigates customer complaints and issues to gather facts and relevant information;
- Maintains Issues Log;
- Maintains and continually updates Issues and Insights Statements to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Strong organizational skills;
- Understands the different approaches required for each channel;
- Builds constructive relationships across the organization and builds trust and rapport with external partners;
- Develops schedules and effectively collaborates with others to finalize deliverables;
- Knowledge of and experience in writing media materials;
- Experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Photoshop;
- Baseline excellence in editorial skills and proficiency in grammar;
- Develop written materials, including story pitches, messaging guidelines, press releases, Q&As, social media posts, presentations and speeches;
- Responsible for communications and media relations reflecting Hylink’s interest and investment in North America;
- Devise specific communication materials and campaigns based on an understanding of industry interest;
- 3-4 years of professional experience in a business, media, agency, marketing or non-profit environment;
- Identify, develop, own, and execute on marketing communications schedule including industry events, speaking engagements, sponsorships;
- Maintain, negotiate, and own key communications related agreements with industry partners;
- Develop close, productive relationships with journalists, event managers, bloggers and key partners in the industry;
- Counter misinformation that might interfere with our business and/or ability to serve our users.