The Inventory Controller conducts daily inventory analysis to solve inventory problems. Ensures adequate inventory of materials and products in accordance with inventory cycles and organizational philosophy. Being an Inventory Controller trains and manages a team of inventory control staff. Develops and implements inventory control procedures. In addition, Inventory Controller requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Inventory Controller manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as an Inventory Controller typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Inventory Control Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Inventory Control to join our team.
- Maintaining a clean and neat work area;
- Use RF Scan gun to conduct cycle counts and stock transfers;
- Moving goods packed on pallets or in crates around the storage facility;
- Repacking product, labeling, palletizing product;
- Unload inbound deliveries and audit contents against delivery manifest / packing slip;
- Team player with customer service mindset;
- Performs various tasks and projects as directed by Branch Manager and Corporate Headquarters;
- Basic Computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel);
- Assists other Departments when needed including Front End;
- Good communication skills.
- Industrial Forklift Experience Required;
- Must be 18 or older unless they work in the office;
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average load);
- Background in Physical Inventory maintenance/control;
- Bend over/stoop frequently;
- Strong systems abilities, ability to rapidly learn and apply multiple systems for tracking inventory;
- Knowledge of scheduling, production workflow and planning procedures;
- Minimum 4 years experience in retail or wholesale;
- Familiarity with case pick and shipping and receiving functions;
- Problem solving skills;
- Commitment to company values and strong customer orientation;
- Occasional Push/Pull (>5x/hour) 450 lbs;
- frequently lift/carry (12x/hour) 50 lbs;
- Agility/dynamic balance 80-100%
- Ability and knowledge to operate a forklift.