Mortgage Loan Processor I obtains necessary information (i.e., loan applications, credit documents, appraisals, etc.) to process and complete mortgage loan files. Verifies all documentation for accuracy and completeness. Being a Mortgage Loan Processor I ensures all documents are prepared and finalized in compliance with policies and procedures. Provides management with reports of loan activities. Additionally, Mortgage Loan Processor I requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor. The Mortgage Loan Processor I possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Mortgage Loan Processor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mortgage Loan Processor to join our team.
- Review and understand the current Loan Rate Sheet(s) and current program guidelines;
- Request action from Disclosure Desk and other internal partners as required by valid change in circumstances;
- Works with the processing team to ensure files are moving through the system;
- Review file for possible fraud and inconsistencies;
- Work effectively under specific time constraints;
- Restructure loan request and recommend for adverse action as needed;
- Checks information submitted by loan applicants for accuracy and adherence to established underwriting criteria and regulations;
- Builds and maintains relationships with clients to ensure a constant pipeline of mortgage files;
- Set and maintain proper expectations with all parties on the loan file;
- Performs administrative duties such as faxing, photocopying, filing and phone support, as required, by Loan Processor II and Processing Managers;
- Responsible for handling non-public information (NPI) about borrowers;
- Responsible for processing loans from set-up to closing by verifying, compiling and entering borrower information in to loan processing systems;
- Must be able to pass a soft pull credit check and a criminal background check;
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize daily workflow to provide optimal service and support;
- Must be tobacco free.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously;
- Obtain and review loan conditions from borrowers;
- Timely compliance of loan documentation with all Mortgage Lending regulations as well as internal policies;
- Responsible for examining loan documentation for accuracy and completeness;
- Compliance Skills- Create and Maintain Clean Disclosures, and Clean Closed Files;
- Ability to maintain constant communication with all parties to the transactions;
- B.A. or B.S. degree in business preferred or equivalent work/educational experience;
- Ability to manually prepare closing papers, including the preparation of Reg.-Z Truth in lending statement;
- Comply with SAFE Act legislation, which requires annual registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO);
- 2+ years of experience as Mortgage Loan Processor required;
- Excellent verbal and written skills to effectively communicate and provide customer service;
- Proficient math skills, with a high degree of accuracy;
- Review flood certification to determine if property is in flood zone. If it is then take necessary action as required to ensure eligibility;
- Organization and communication skills, with a detail orientated mindset;
- Previous mortgage processing experience is preferred, but certainly not required.