CNC Lathe Operator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CNC Lathe Operator to join our team.
- Inspect completed work to ensure accuracy to the required specifications;
- Monitor machinery for problems during production;
- Required to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted;
- Mechanically inclined with good basic mathematical knowledge;
- Must stand for prolonged periods of time;
- Ability to calculate dimensions and tolerances for production;
- Ability to read simple part drawings;
- Possible mandatory overtime after training period;
- Ability to read/use measuring instruments such as micrometers and dial calipers.
- Ability to multi-task and organize production workloads on multiple machines;
- Previous experience running CNC machinery;
- All lathes on our floor are late model with main and subspindles, live tooling and bar fed;
- Positive attitude and pride of workmanship;
- Must be able to run machines, change tools, make offsets, measure and deburr parts;
- Ability to read and understand tight tolerances, blueprints and fill out production SPC sheets.