Quality Systems Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Quality Systems Engineer to join our team.
- Owner of PPAP process (include control plans, first article inspection, FMEA, etc.) for external customers and internal process improvements;
- Responsible for the manufacturing documentation, prints, BOM, finish specifications, etc. Both in the ERP system and use in the manufacturing facility;
- Engage with supply chain and manage external quality. Supports identification of and development of new suppliers.
- Sense of urgency with ability to meet deadlines daily, while being highly accountable to internal and external commitments;
- Understands and uses ISO policies and procedures as required. Experience working in, or the qualification of IATF strongly preferred;
- Mechanical engineering preferred;
- Experienced in manufacturing troubleshooting. Tooling knowledge preferred;
- Working knowledge of 3D drawing programs, Solidworks preferred;
- Working knowledge of ERP systems and business processes (RMAs, MRB management, etc.) and proficient with Microsoft Office suite;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Advanced use of comparator, micrometer, Keyence and other inspection equipment;
- Experience using PFMEA, PDCA and SIPOC methods;
- Knowledge of Lean, Continuous Improvement Principles;
- Experience with 8D (RCCA) 5 Why’s and/or effective problem solving models;
- 5+ years’ experience working in an ISO 9001 or equivalent QMS;
- BS degree in Business/Engineering related field;
- Experience using Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc;
- 5+ years’ experience working in a Manufacturing, Quality environment.