Program Chief Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Program Chief Engineer to join our team.
- Ensures resource demands are communicated to the various disciplines to ensure that projects are staffed to meet Customer commitments;
- Develops overall program milestones and master schedules for engineering activities;
- Co-ordinate support to production issues as needed;
- Ensure and engage in the development of personnel, including mentoring and demonstrating by example;
- Review and approval of formal program technical communication and documentation with customer;
- Ensures the development and management of technical risks and develop and executes mitigation plans;
- Ensures program scope is understood, and identifies overall budgetary needs for successful project execution.
- Project management experience;
- PMP certification desirable;
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or technical discipline;
- Must be a US Citizen;
- Ability to prepare and deliver key program metrics and internal/external presentations;
- Gravitas and executive presence to present ideas and status to customers and key stakeholders;
- Experience running multiple complex projects that include teams from multiple locations and countries;
- U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Residency;
- Ability to lead and coach IPT leaders to develop core leadership skills and innovative solutions to problems;
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering;
- Project management and performance measurement using an Earned Value Management System (EVMS);
- 12+ years of Engineering experience in the Aerospace Industry;
- Strong process skills and familiarization with Lean, Agile, ACE, UPPAP, and policy deployment;
- Ability to travel up to 15% domestic and international;
- Strategic thinker with a bias for action.