Calibration Technician I calibrates measuring and indicating instruments to meet established standards. Tests and measures accuracy of instruments used to heat, light, voltage, amperage, vacuum, magnetic resistance, or various content measurements. Being a Calibration Technician I may be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of specialty. Typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Additionally, Calibration Technician I typically reports to a supervisor. The Calibration Technician I possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Calibration Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Calibration Technician to join our team.
- Meet or exceed all sales & service goals in assigned territory;
- Keep product knowledge current, attending all required training;
- Negotiate contracts and pricing EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE;
- Works with minimal supervision and is responsible to make an established range of decisions, escalating to management when necessary;
- Build & maintain customer relationships and provide unparalleled service and technical support;
- Maintain accurate records of customer contact and equipment;
- Perform calibration, maintenance, repairs and installations on a wide-range of audiology equipment;
- Perform software and firmware upgrades to existing equipment;
- Completes other duties as assigned;
- 20% – Perform unscheduled maintenance requests;
- Plan the sequence of testing and calibration procedures;
- Maintain a high-level attention to detail to insure calibration records are accurate and up-to-date;
- All other duties and activities as needed;
- 10% – Assist the Director of Maintenance in ordering parts and ensuring accurate inventory information;
- 10%-Give guidance to calibration technicians for prioritizing and coordinating calibrations.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Calibration Technician;
- Database administration, calibration metrology, and quality assurance background;
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Experienced in Microsoft Access;
- Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory (PMEL) Certification;
- 1+ year working experience with GPS or other avionics systems.