Landscapers create and maintain gardens, parks and other outdoor and indoor areas.
Landscape Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Landscape Designer to join our team.
- Preparing planting plans;
- Completing projects and special assignments as requested;
- Catalogues and maintains projects requirements, including client information, project program, budget, and schedule;
- Satisfying both the client’s wishes and your knowledge of what will work best;
- Coordinating with other in-house experts including arborists, engineers, surveyors, planners, and natural resource scientists;
- Ensure deadlines are met;
- Conducting preliminary studies of existing site conditions, contours, soils, vegetation, site features, drainage, ecology, buildings, roads, and paths;
- Preparing perspective drawings, color renderings, and other presentation materials;
- Learning/studying the landscape architecture profession to increase knowledge and prepare for the Registered Landscape Architect exam;
- Seeking and taking into account the views of local residents and other potential users in the design process;
- Conducting site visits;
- Perform field reviews and analysis of project sites and study areas and prepares written documentation of observations and conditions;
- Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member;
- Project professional image on behalf of the nursery;
- Design creative and unique environments for clients.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Photoshop, and other graphic software;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Must be a graduate of a Bachelors of Landscape Architecture program;
- Interest in high-end residential landscape design and construction;
- Desire for licensure is a plus;
- Ability to work both independently and foster a team environment;
- Experience with estimating software and Excel a plus;
- Degree in Landscape Architecture or related field;
- Plant Material Knowledge specifically of Texas plants and horticulture (preferably of the North Texas region);
- Must demonstrate proficient presentation, negotiation and closing skills;
- Be knowledgable on Hardscape, Plant, Material, and the Municipal Permitting Process;
- Proficient in MS Office Suite;
- Skill in AutoCAD, Sketch Up and all Adobe Programs;
- Two years’ experience required with bid submittals, crew/installation packets and customer files management;
- Must be organized with good time management skills.