Radio Frequency Engineer I develops products and technologies related to wireless telecommunications by applying RF and mixed signal capabilities. Responsibilities may include RF front-end design, radio propagation modeling and prediction, microwave path analysis, interference analysis and filter design, frequency coordination, analog-to-digital converters, cell site equipment layout, and circuit design. Being a Radio Frequency Engineer I develops and executes product testing and integration plans for new or updated products. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Radio Frequency Engineer I typically reports to supervisor or manager. The Radio Frequency Engineer I occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. To be a Radio Frequency Engineer I typically requires 2 -4 years of related experience.
Radio Frequency Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Radio Frequency Engineer to join our team.
- Oversee the fabrication of parts and systems;
- Work with customers and other engineers to develop designs for prototypes;
- Develop cost estimates and budgets from these designs;
- Assist management in the creation of reports and documentation as required by the customer or by industry standards;
- Responsible for developing and overseeing the radiofrequency (RF) and high power amplifier (HPA) design of MIL-SPEC compliant prototypes.
- US Citizen;
- 5+ years’ experience in RF design and fabrication;
- Experience in analyzing test results and modifying designs as needed;
- Experience in design and utilization of High Power Amplifiers;
- Vendor management;
- High Power RF Testing;
- Good understanding of RFPA theory, load line theory, impact of harmonic and fundamental impedance;
- BS in Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline.