The Senior RF Engineer responsibilities may include RF front-end design, radio propagation modeling and prediction, microwave path analysis, interference analysis and filter design, frequency coordination, analog-to-digital converters, cell site equipment layout, and circuit design. Develops products and technologies related to wireless telecommunications by applying RF and mixed signal capabilities. Being a Senior RF Engineer requires a bachelor’s degree. Develops and executes product testing and integration plans for new or updated products. In addition, Senior RF Engineer typically reports to supervisor or manager. Being a Senior RF Engineer work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Working as a Senior RF Engineer typically requires 4 -7 years of related experience.
Senior RF Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior RF Engineer to join our team.
- Using knowledge of 5G, LTE, CDMA 1x, EVDO and microwave to contribute to network design;
- Managing search area issuance, candidate assessment, and approvals;
- Working with other engineering groups on solution implementation;
- Using internal tools to process regulatory compliance;
- Design Verification Test (DVT) RF test automation development for 4G LTE & 5G NR small cell hardware radio evaluations;
- Support manufacturing RF test development;
- In conjunction with SW/HW, integration testing of radio with system hardware, FPGA and Software;
- Specifying and evaluating standards-based LTE waveforms;
- Maintenance and Support of multiple Radio DVT test platforms, some located off-site;
- Manage small network of PCs and test equipment;
- Design, build and test rapid prototypes for evaluation of new product ideas or technology concepts;
- Upgrade the DVT test platform to 5G NR capability, new RFIC components, and new 5G test waveforms;
- Conduct design/debug investigations and support development, maintenance, failure analysis, and resolution activities;
- Work closely with the RF engineering team to ensure successful board-level implementation of the architecture, including schematic & PCB layout;
- Define RF system architecture, based on product requirements and design constraints.
- 8-10 years of experience designing, implementing, and shipping consumer electronics products with responsibility for the RF sub-system;
- BSEE or higher, with emphasis on RF hardware design and communications theory;
- A passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development;
- Experience with RF simulation tools;
- 5+ years of experience in RF design (graduate school included);
- Deep knowledge of basic RF concepts, such as transmission lines, impedance matching, filter design, and active circuits;
- US Citizenship or Green Card;
- Hands-on experience in designing, building, and testing RF hardware for microwave frequencies;
- Demonstrated experience defining and designing RF system architecture for cellular modems and WiFi/BT within consumer electronics devices;
- High-level of expertise with cascaded RF and link budget analysis, and radio coexistence.