Senior Highway Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Highway Engineer to join our team.
- Other duties as assigned;
- Supervise and perform AutoCAD or MicroStation drafting to support various design teams;
- Responsible for preparation of project reports, plans, specifications, and estimate bid packages;
- Interact with clients, support technical project design meetings;
- Ensuring that production of specifications, reports and analyses meet scope, schedule, cost and quality requirements.
- Nevada PE registration, or ability to receive within six months;
- Five (5) years of experience in the design and preparation of project reports and construction contract documents for roadways and highways;
- Familiar with AASHTO Highway Design Guide, NDOT Road Design Guide, MUTCD, ADA Accessibility Guidelines;
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies;
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited program;
- Preferred Qualifications;
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited program;
- Experience with developing designs for Nevada DOT linear development projects;
- Experience developing bid packages, including plans, construction cost estimates, and technical specifications;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work within a team environment;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, AutoCAD Civil 3D or MicroStation V8i and Inroads.