Sterile Processing Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sterile Processing Technician to join our team.
- Maintains proper levels of inventory to ensure availability for case carts;
- Corrects instrument sets according to current standards and established count sheets and/or instrument tracking systems;
- Inspects instruments, equipment and containers to assure cleanliness and proper functioning;
- Performs decontamination of soiled instruments, sterilization containers and equipment according to established protocols;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Knowledgeable in the storage, handling and distribution of sterile medical products;
- National certification from CBSPD or IAHCSMM is required at time of hire;
- Basic computer skill (MS office); basic knowledge of data entry/tracking software;
- Demonstrates the ability to multi-task autonomously while working on multiple responsibilities simultaneously;
- Attention to detail in a fast paced environment;
- Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Incumbent may be exposed to human tissues/fluids;
- Possesses the ability to regularly lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds;
- Performs other related work as required or requested;
- Demonstrates competence in the use of decontamination equipment and instrument sterilization;
- Demonstrates creativity, flexibility and the ability to resolve atypical problems;
- Consults with Sterile Processing Manager or Sterile Processing Lead Technician to facilitate daily plan for instrumentation need and turnaround;
- Environmental exposures include: blood, body fluids, needle sticks, and cuts;
- Requires 12 CE credits annually that focus on information and advancement related to the CS field and be of a technical nature;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and great communication skills.