Telecoms engineers work on satellite, digital TV and fibre optic systems, and install broadband, mobile and landline phone networks.
Telecom Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Telecom Engineer to join our team.
- Perform system analysis, which includes requirement definition, interfacing with business groups, and providing cost benefit analysis;
- Review, design, plan, implement, and manage complex Voice Over IP, traditional telecommunication systems and services, and Telephony contact center.
- Experience with Cisco Call Manager and Unity and Contact Center systems required;
- Experience evaluating, designing, implementing, and managing network infrastructure required;
- Experience working with multiple sites;
- Experience with Wide Area Network (WAN): MPLS and VPN;
- 5+ years experience in IT and Telecom;
- Experience with Avaya Communications Manager, Call Management Systems, Omni Channel, Quality Recording Systems, Contact Center Applications – IVR;
- Cisco – CCNA;
- Understanding of Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery;
- Experience with Telecom Call Routing for DID, DOD, Voip, TFN and ToD;
- Experience with telecom security operations;
- Experience with Containers (kubernetes & docker);
- Ability to build complex Cloud-based solutions;
- Knowledge of API design and Object-Oriented principles;
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure, including Compute, Network, Storage, and Backup;
- Experience with scripting languages, including Python, Perl, Ruby, or Bash.