Level Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Level Designer to join our team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written, and have a proven track record in AAA game design;
- Run and / or participate in meetings, reviews, and planning sessions as part of effective communication with the team;
- Candidates must have passion for a broad range of game experiences, and be well versed in market trends and styles;
- Contribute to build a collaborative work environment with all disciplines;
- Implement major game play features to high quality, focusing on creating and implementing level designs.
- Expertise in building story-driven linear levels with dynamic/interactive/scripted features;
- Deeply enjoys working in a team with the willingness to adapt/learn new industry techniques;
- Experience implementing sophisticated combat set-ups and scripted encounters;
- Passion for games with excellent communication skills;
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates experience creating level layouts and designing combat encounters;
- Must be able to thrive in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment and both give and take direction well;
- Experience with UE4 and Blueprint;
- 3+ years industry experience as a level designer;
- One or more games shipped as a level designer;
- Love of games: specifically FPS and ARPG titles as well as cooperative games;
- 3+ years of experience in game development with one or more shipped titles on multiple platforms.