Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Bodily Injury Claims Adjuster to join our team.
- Estimate cost of treatment or compensation for those injured in accidents;
- Interpret medical reports, review medical billing, evaluate claim value and manage claims process to ensure efficient resolution;
- Assume handling of injury claims and work to conclusion;
- Making coverage decisions that determine the extent of Progressive’s liability;
- Negotiate with claimants and attorneys to settle bodily injury (BI) claims.
- Must have claim- related computer systems experience, Guidewire experience is a plus;
- Ability to gather and analyze information in order to evaluate results and choose the best solution to the problem;
- Non-standard auto experience a plus;
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus;
- Bachelor’s degree or a combined total of five years of work experience and/or college education;
- Effective negotiating skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with difficult customers;
- 3+ years of casualty claims handling experience with at least 2 years of Bodily Injury (BI) required;
- California auto claims handling experience a plus;
- Occasional weekend work may be required;
- Ability to manage own time while prioritizing multiple tasks.