Finance Systems Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Finance Systems Manager to join our team.
- Aid in internal audits involving review of accounting, systems and operational controls;
- Assist in the implementation of goals, policies, priorities, and procedures relating to accounting, systems integration, and departmental initiatives;
- Serve as back-up to Finance Lead for operational finance department management as needed;
- Develop or enhance validations of financial data;
- Integrate the accounting system with the compliance system and other external systems;
- Participate in the preparation of financial statements and reports as needed;
- Review technical system design documents and ensure adherence to stated requirements;
- Coordinate preparation of external audit materials;
- Create and maintain documentation of procedures, defects, corrective actions and retrospectives relative to financial systems;
- Recommend updates, upgrades, and maintenance of systems using knowledge of departmental operations and needs;
- Communicate current status of financial systems and issues to Finance Lead based on severity and business impact;
- Assist in the generation of budgets, forecasts, and regulatory filings as needed;
- Establish or enhance controls for financial transactions in new systems and develop procedures to improve existing systems.
- Prior experience in an transactional finance or accounting role required;
- Prior insurance experience strongly preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.