Finance Manager manages the daily financial activities and functions for an organization including accounting, budget, credit, insurance, tax, and treasury. Ensures all financial operations are in compliance with governmental rules and regulations. Being a Finance Manager forecasts and manages a cash flow that meets the needs of the company. Provides guidance to managers in financial reporting objectives and standards to ensure accurate, compliant and useful financial reporting is produced. Additionally, Finance Manager oversees the budget process and works with managers to produce and manage effective budgets. Acts as an advisor to management on regulations and other matters that may impact the financial activities of the company, engaging with outside consultants if applicable. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Finance Manager typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments. To be a Finance Manager typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience.
Finance Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Finance Manager to join our team.
- Maintains proficiency and certifications as required for the position;
- Supervises and trains designated backup to ensure continued efficiency and profitability in the F&I manager’s absence;
- Provides customers with complete explanation of manufacturer and dealership service procedures and policies;
- works with business unit to utilize robust cost estimating process to meet production and quality requirements;
- Assisting with grants management;
- Supporting annual budgeting and planning process;
- Providing guidance in the use of PRISM, purchasing systems, and the internet procurement system;
- Train and mentor SFAs in the Global Financial Planning Group;
- Build relationships cross-functionally to foster collaboration both inside and outside of the finance team;
- Develop and share best practices globally;
- Undertake all financial functions including budgeting, forecasting, modelling, and financial reporting for the channel;
- Performs Net Interest Income and Economic Value of Equity forecasting and “What-If” analyses;
- Manage high profile cases as needed;
- Review cost and perform cost benefit analysis related to projects and/or programs;
- Make sure you have all stipulations and approval before customers take the vehicle so you can get it funded within a day or two.
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form;
- Skill and ability to sell;
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar accounting position and/or hotel income auditor or night auditor experience;
- Ability to work with and develop an understanding of multiple and ambiguous data sources;
- Must be highly organized with a proven process for staying on-top of deliverables;
- Analytical problem solver who views obstacles as challenges;
- Strong financial analysis skills including financial modeling, reporting, and problem solving;
- 5+ years of relevant finance experience;
- Ability to make tough calls;
- Professional personal appearance & excellent communication skills;
- Executive presence and ability to interact with senior executives, as well as all other levels of individuals within an organization;
- Demonstrate problem solving skills, as well as continuous improvement process skills.