The Finance – Sr. Manager ensures all financial operations are in compliance with governmental rules and regulations. Manages the daily financial activities and functions for an organization including accounting, budget, credit, insurance, tax, and treasury. Being a Finance – Sr. Manager provides guidance to managers in financial reporting objectives and standards to ensure accurate, compliant and useful financial reporting is produced. Forecasts and manages a cash flow that meets the needs of the company. In addition, Finance – Sr. Manager oversees the budget process and works with managers to produce and manage effective budgets. Acts as an advisor to management on regulations and other matters that may impact the financial activities of the company, engaging with outside consultants if applicable. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to top management. The Finance – Sr. Manager typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments. Working as a Finance – Sr. Manager typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience.
Sr. Finance Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sr. Finance Manager to join our team.
- Lead monthly analysis of company-wide gross margin performance;
- Drive ad-hoc projects and business case development to enable accelerated & sound decision-making for the business;
- Contribute to external guidance process through deep analysis of gross margin at quarter end;
- Drive special projects as required;
- Support quarterly Board of Directors and Investor Relations deliverables;
- Leverage data and insights to define actions and address growth inhibitors across teams and functions;
- Drive financial frameworks that enable sustainable growth, cost-capital efficiency, and increased return-on-investment;
- Partner with key stakeholders during long-range planning to develop strong and executable business plans for growth;
- Prepare monthly and quarterly executive level reporting;
- Understand and analyze drivers such efficiencies, mix, and sales execution;
- Drive process optimization and simplification for core financial rhythms;
- Ensure technology investments are aligned to key priorities and recommend opportunities to re-allocate and re-deploy resources;
- Drive quarterly forecast, annual target setting & budgeting, long range plan;
- Provide analytics and financial support on contract negotiations with vendors to drive continued cost savings for Microsoft;
- Actively communicate across multiple stakeholders to ensure successful end to end understanding of portfolios, processes and planning.
- Strong knowledge of finance processes and financial policies and controls;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal); ability to communicate effectively to senior leaders;
- Minimum 7 years of relevant work experience in a business or finance capacity;
- Excellent thought leadership, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills required;
- Self-starter who is proactive and action oriented with a strong desire to get things done and gain measurable results;
- Demonstrated ability in development of business strategies and project management;
- Financial modeling experience;
- CMA, CPA, or MBA preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate others in a cross-group situation as well as work effectively across organizations;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or MBA;
- Effective management of multiple priorities and ability to prioritize in order to meet key deliverables.