IT Project Coordinator coordinates all IT projects and ensures company resources are utilized appropriately. Compiles project status reports, coordinates project schedules, manages project meetings, and identifies and resolves technical problems. Being an IT Project Coordinator identifies and analyzes systems requirements and defines project scope, requirements, and deliverables. Coordinates project activities and ensures all project phases are documented appropriately. Additionally, IT Project Coordinator requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. To be an IT Project Coordinator typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature.
IT Project Coordinator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a IT Project Coordinator to join our team.
- Execute project activities within the bounds of company IT policies, procedures, and standards are followed;
- Utilize Microsoft Project (intermediate level), Microsoft Excel (intermediate) and SharePoint (intermediate);
- Tracking projects;
- Requirements documentation;
- Status reports;
- Change orders internal and external;
- Track quotes, requisitions, orders, delivery, receiving.
- Ability to understand project management methodologies and tools;
- Ability to work on tight deadlines;
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook;
- Bachelor degree in business or related field of study;
- Three years of experience in related field;
- Ability to assess risks and make decisions while working under pressure and time constraints;
- Experience working with blue prints (Bluebeam highly desired);
- Critical thinking and project management skills required;
- Strong Excel skills;
- Ability to read blue prints and convert to inventory lists in Excel;
- Expert knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Visio;
- Experience Level: 3 – 6 years;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills;
- Basic knowledge of publication principles.