The Staff Accountant II ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Maintains financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded. Being a Staff Accountant II analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. In addition, Staff Accountant II requires a bachelor’s degree. May require eligibility to sit for CPA exam. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Staff Accountant II gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work. Working as a Staff Accountant II typically requires 2 to 4 years of related experience.
Staff Accountant II Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Staff Accountant II to join our team.
- Prepare monthly financial deliverables;
- Prepare budgets, forecasts, and cash-flow projections;
- Tax return compliance and planning;
- Perform day to day accounting including but not limited to A/R, A/P, payroll, G/L accounting, and journal entries.
- Fundamental knowledge of individual taxation;
- Experience with ProConnect or Intuit products is a plus;
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Passion for process implementation;
- Process driven;
- M.S. Degree in Accounting preferred;
- CPA preferred;
- B.S. Degree in Accounting;
- Fundamental knowledge of pass-through taxation;
- Very confident and comfortable with implementing new accounting technology;
- Fundamental knowledge of corporate taxation;
- 1+ years experience in public accounting;
- Two (2) or more years of broad accounting experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.