Tax Manager is responsible for managing the tax accounting staff and the tax planning, reporting, and compliance functions. Oversees the preparation of all tax filings and reporting in compliance with all required regulations. Being a Tax Manager evaluates the tax implications of company activities and develops strategies to minimize the tax obligations. Advises management on future changes to tax regulations and possible impact to the organization. Additionally, Tax Manager may manage and direct relationships with vendors and advisors. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to Tax Director or Top Tax Executive. The Tax Manager typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. To be a Tax Manager typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
Tax Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Tax Manager to join our team.
- Train and develop staff members – approximately 10-20% of your time;
- Team with M&A Tax leadership on effective execution of x91go-to-market’ strategy to achieve quality growth goals;
- Responsible for client work being performed on time and within appropriate scope of services and budget;
- Advise clients on income tax treaty planning opportunities arising from inbound and outbound cross-border investing and trading activities;
- Assisting/mentoring junior staff with tax preparation and issues;
- Demonstrate excellent team skills, positive attitude and high ethical standards;
- Comply with continuing education requirements; participate in professional organizations, independent study, etc;
- Actively facilitate effective team building;
- Conduct federal and state tax research and draft/review memorandums to support tax return filing positions;
- Monitoring tax and office profitability and suggesting measures to improve procedures;
- Assist with property, sales and use, and other tax issues and reporting when necessary;
- Contribute to marketing and business development activities;
- Review federal and state tax returns prepared by Bridge’s tax service providers;
- Manage, coach, and provide ongoing feedback to Seniors and Staff;
- Research complex tax issues.
- CPA Certification;
- Strong accounting skills;
- Industry or functional expertise;
- Ability to teach and train others;
- Ability to use strong judgment in making independent decisions that affect others;
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals;
- Ability to lead teams and individuals;
- Commitment to continuous learning and development;
- Ability to effectively delegate work as needed;
- 4 or more years’ experience in public accounting with an emphasis on Tax;
- At least two (2) years experience representing clients before taxing authorities;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience providing income/franchise tax consulting services in a Public Accounting, Consulting, or Law firm;
- Extensive experience in researching tax issues and exposure to a variety of entities and individual tax issues;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German. French or Spanish language skills desirable, but not required;
- Experience mentoring and training more junior level team members.