Back-end web developers are responsible for the overall technical construction of the website. They create the basic framework of the site and ensure that it works as expected. Back-end web developers also establish procedures for allowing others to add new pages to the website and meet with management to discuss major changes to the site.
Back-End Web Developer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Back-End Web Developer to join our team.
- Measure product features to establish benchmarks and to identify potential areas of improvement;
- Attend daily standup meetings and participate in team code review;
- Optimize and maintain our existing backend systems;
- Build and conduct functional testing of web applications;
- Assist to architect, build and maintain REST API for our web applications;
- Create and maintain technical documentation;
- Develop and maintain CMS-enabled website.
- Must have strong work ethic with positive can-do attitude, not afraid of new challenges, tight timelines or curve balls;
- Understanding of linux servers;
- Must be comfortable with using terminal;
- Solid debugging, optimization, and problem-solving skills;
- Experience with HTTP/RESTful APIs and object-oriented programming;
- Familiar with relational databases (MySQL) and non-relational database (MongoDB);
- Understanding of database design;
- CMS experience such as Craft and Drupal;
- Familiar with Docker, LAMP or MEAN stack;
- Experience with Git;
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, AI, Big Data etc;
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Aliyun, or other cloud service providers;
- 2-4 years development experience, flexibility, quickness and a willingness to roll up your sleeves and get work done;