Principal Data Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Principal Data Engineer to join our team.
- Identify and drive new solutions to enhance the development cycle to increase development productivity;
- End to end ownership of ETL data pipelines, from ingestion of data to consumption by business intelligence and advanced analytics teams;
- Evolve existing tools and framework to support new scalability requirements as well new functionality needed;
- Lead the construction and maintenance of an automated, scalable, resilient, and self-healing data platform;
- Challenge yourself to learn and grow;
- Design and build automated, self-service data capabilities, freeing teams to focus on customer features and analysis;
- Work with the team to identify and resolve technical debt to improve the team’s throughput;
- Mentor and lead peer developers in adopting best practices craftsmanship.
- Experience with Data Management and Data Governance processes and standards;
- Exceptional expertise of system design and application architecture for data platforms;
- Extensive knowledge in fine tuning SQL, understanding optimizers, and execution plans;
- Extensive experience architecting complex data models to handle millions of transactions;
- Experience with Google Analytics, Kubernetes, Java Spring, Apache Airflow, or Snowflake is a plus;
- 8+ years experience building data pipelines;
- Strong communication skills;
- AWS data products (Data pipelines, Redshift, Pinpoint, S3, etc);
- Experience in application design and Implementation using agile practices & TDD;
- 8+ years experience programming in Python or Java;
- Exceptional track record of designing and implementing highly scalable, distributed application systems;
- Experience with recognized industry patterns, methodologies, and techniques;
- At least 4-5 years of experience in Scala/Java or Python programming.