Security Operations Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Security Operations Engineer to join our team.
- Identify and execute on projects that improve our anomaly detection and incident response capabilities through automation and orchestration as code;
- Partner with SRE, IT, Fraud, and Engineering teams to harden the environment, respond to incidents, and lead investigations;
- Defend systems against unauthorized access, modification, and/or destruction;
- Respond immediately to security incidents and provide post-incident analysis;
- Support cloud and on-premise security tools and monitoring platforms;
- Assist in performing vulnerability testing, risk analyses, and security assessments;
- Performs other related duties as required by your manager;
- Maintain knowledge of current security trends and be able to clearly communicate them to the team;
- Provide vulnerability monitoring and patch management oversight support;
- Oversee and monitor routine security administration;
- Identify abnormalities and report violations using security tools such as a SIEM, IDS/IPS, firewalls, and more;
- Monitor public security advisories and alerts for information related to threats and vulnerabilities to Grace information systems;
- Strategically define and work with MSSPs to implement additional preventive and detective capabilities or data sources to improve telemetry;
- Train fellow teammates in security awareness, protocols and procedures;
- Assist with updating and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Experience in AWS security best practices and AWS managed security services (e.g. IAM, ACM, PCA, KMS, CloudHSM, WAF, GuardDuty);
- 5+ years of professional experience in Application and Cloud security;
- 5+ years of experience in Information Security;
- Bonus: Experience with security automation (Chef, Inspec, Jenkins);
- Bonus: Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, GCP, and/or Azure;
- 2+ years of experience in incident response and/or threat hunting;
- Bonus Experience in scripting (Bash, Python, and/or Ruby).