The Applications Engineer, Senior codes, tests, debugs, documents, and maintains applications. Evaluates, analyzes, and modifies moderately complex application programs. Being an Applications Engineer, Senior analyzes and resolves problems associated with applications. Works on most phases of applications programming activities. In addition, Applications Engineer, Senior detects, diagnoses, and reports related problems. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a project leader or manager. Being an Applications Engineer, Senior contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as an Applications Engineer, Senior typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Application Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Application Engineer to join our team.
- Support CAD (Catia), PLM (Teamcenter) and CAE suite of Applications for all AAM Global Product and Manufacturing Engineers;
- Performs a wide variety of technical assessments of customers’ and markets’ requirements;
- Develop shell scripts for CAE high performance computing and deploy Software in Linux/Windows/UNIX environments;
- Develops and prepares detailed proposals for potential and existing accounts/customers;
- Develop Engineering Applications using C, C++ and Java to support AAM Global CAE Virtualization and Design release processes;
- Reviews design, performance and overall systems requirements and functional data with the engineering group;
- Package and deploy of PLM (Teamcenter), CAD (Catia) and CAE software’s by creating custom scripts and packaging tools such as Microsoft SCCM;
- Configure Engineering Application licenses and generate dashboards for software license management;
- Configure and support PLM (Teamcenter) for CAD data transfers with OEM’s (GM, Ford, and Nissan) to meet OEM’s standards and compliance requirements;
- Write and publish world class technical documents, journals and books that explain the excellence of your work;
- Use your exceptional talents to lead various challenging in-house and customer-based projects;
- Apply good technical practices such as continuous integration, test automation, and Github Pull Request reviews;
- will contribute to new solution commissioning efforts and documenting requirements and technical application performance reviews;
- Provide escalation support for the change, release, incident, request and configuration Management processes for technologies and services;
- Design, build, test, document, deploy, monitor, and maintain applications in a production environment.
- Computer skills and experience utilizing MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint based quotation tools required;
- General drafting and CAD skills and experience with AutoCAD and Solidworks required;
- Working knowledge of machine control systems desired;
- Technical writing skills and experience required;
- Good knowledge of how to operate advanced instruments required e.g. oscilloscope;
- Experience in delivering solutions that are on-premise, SaaS, and cloud based;
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related technical or business discipline;
- Provide technical reports and presentations to internal and external project stakeholders;
- Demonstrable business process knowledge in finance & accounting;
- 5+ years’ experience with SQL;
- Effective oral and written communication skills to all levels of the organisation;
- IT vendor management / oversight for application managed services;
- Proficient in design capture and analysis software: schematics, PCB layout (Altium preferred), simulations (e.g. LTSpice);
- Be knowledgeable about test methods used to determine physical characteristics of the material as well as its performance in the end use application;
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or relevant field or equivalent education and related training.