Senior SAS Programmer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior SAS Programmer to join our team.
- Review and architect a SAS analysis framework to run repeatable analyses with scalable configurations and code;
- Work closely with product team members to build healthcare analyses for inclusion in CareJourney’s products;
- Write SAS code to analyze the nation’s largest healthcare claims dataset including Medicare and Medicaid data.
- Related experience in analytic programming, data extraction, querying databases/data warehouses and data analysis;
- 5+ years of directly related computer programming experience;
- Coordinates and leads project tasks is preferred;
- Experience with Medicaid and Medicare claims preferred;
- Knowledge of the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures used in computer programming;
- Programming experience with analysis in the healthcare industry preferred;
- Proficiency in the use of SAS and/or Oracle PL/SQL or equivalent software tools;
- Experience with SAS Viya, Python, Visual Basic and R preferred;
- Deep understanding of analytics and data wrangling;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Working knowledge of database principles, processes, technologies and tools;
- Minimum 5 years SAS programming experience with a focus on healthcare data;
- Self-motivated; comfortable working independently under general direction;
- Ability to identify data issues and evaluate impact;
- Experience in Health Services Research.