Senior Technical Animator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Technical Animator to join our team.
- Provide ongoing support and training to Animation throughout production cycle;
- Help to identify tools that will make managing large amounts of animation possible;
- Communicate, promote, and document animation related processes and best practices;
- Advocate for Animation while maintaining attention to performance issues;
- Play a positive, proactive role in communication between all involved departments;
- Work closely with Animation, Design, and Engineering to develop the means by which these groups interact with animation data.
- Some understanding of shaders;
- Strong understanding of kinematics and eye for animation;
- 3-5 years runtime animation system experience (can overlap with industry experience);
- Strong communication and time management skills;
- Familiarity with common 3D data formats: HVK/GR2/OBJ/FBX/ALEMBIC/etc;
- Some familiarity with MOCAP workflows;
- Strong technical skillset and love of getting hands dirty;
- Familiarity with common data formats: XML/JSON/etc;
- Experience with runtime animation tools, techniques and capabilities (Unity, Havok Behavior, Natural Motion, or proprietary, etc.);
- Self-sufficient, motivated and independent;
- Professional experience working with 2 or more animation pipelines;
- General interest in contemporary CGI techniques;
- Clear, demonstrable understanding of animation data and how it moves through the pipeline;
- Experience with special effects and non-character animation.