Sr. Android Developer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sr. Android Developer to join our team.
- Lead the ongoing development of our Android Mobile App from technical design to coding through to testing and deployment;
- Collaborate with web-front-end and backend;
- Resolve defects, support testing effort, and deploy production code on a frequent basis;
- Partner with Product Managers and Designers to develop rich mobile applications, focused on easy to use and converting experiences for Disney guests;
- Troubleshoot and resolve defects that are found by our customers and beta testers;
- Be a technical pillar for the engineering team through collaboration and mentorship of other engineers;
- Analyze the technical feasibility of product features and help to guide feature development and roadmap from a technical perspective.
- Must-have apps in the app store or an ability to display past work;
- Experience with mobile software development kits (SDKs) and frameworks;
- Permanent legal right to work in the United States; we will not consider candidates that require visa sponsorship;
- Experience writing code in Java, for Android platforms;
- 5+ years of professional Android development experience;
- Experience with AWS and/or NodeJS is a plus;
- Complete commitment to delivering a world-class user experience and willingness to go the extra mile to deliver it;
- Self starter who can execute with minimal direction; Highly self-motivated and self-directed with an excellent work ethic and high energy level;
- A desire to be excellent;
- Experience designing and developing applications running on mobile platforms for Android;
- Experience developing and troubleshooting for different versions of mobile operating systems;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Strong optimization experience with mobile development;
- Track record of being a top performer in previous positions.