Systems Architect is responsible for the architectural design, development, and deployment of the enterprise’s overall systems. Defines system solutions based on user/client needs, cost, and required integration with existing applications, systems, or platforms. Being a Systems Architect researches, identifies, selects, and tests technology products required for solution delivery. Establishes, implements, and documents the technology integration or migration strategies. Additionally, Systems Architect the position requires staying on top of the industry trend and new technologies for the system architecture. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to the top management. The Systems Architect works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. Works autonomously. Goals are generally communicated in solution or project goal terms. May provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in the area of specialization. To be a Systems Architect typically requires 10+ years of related experience.
Systems Architect Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Systems Architect to join our team.
- Experience programming in a scripting language such as Power Shell, VBScript, etc;
- Provides proper training and support after implementation to ensure proper knowledge transfer to given business units;
- Controls solution by establishing specifications and coordinating implementation with technical teams;
- Communicates the effectiveness and task progress of the technical project team members;
- Participate in developing IT Governance processes and their enforcement;
- Serve as technical project manager for various business projects;
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of IT Solutions, from requirements and design to regular maintenance, updates, and fixes;
- Provide technical advice and guidance to assigned business areas;
- Partner with business and third party administrators to design and implement technical solutions supporting underlying business processes;
- Participate in testing and verification of technical solutions.
- Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis;
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills;
- Strong knowledge of software evaluation principles and practices;
- Strong understanding of information processing principles and practices;
- Superior written and oral communication skills;
- Extensive experience in developing strategic systems architecture plans;
- Excellent technical architecture and technical support documentation skills;
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities;
- Top Secret Clearance;
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment;
- Proven project planning and management experience;
- Proven experience in systems and network design and development;
- Exceptional understanding of the organizations goals and objectives;
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.