Systems Engineer III designs, develops, supports, and maintains the organization’s systems infrastructure, including the implementation and design of hardware and software. Analyzes, develops, modifies, tests and maintains the system. Being a Systems Engineer III makes updates to system related installation documentation. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Systems Engineer III typically reports to a manager. The Systems Engineer III work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. To be a Systems Engineer III typically requires 4 -7 years of related experience.
Systems Engineer III Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Systems Engineer III to join our team.
- Experience developing and staffing Information Support Plans (ISP);
- Implements operating system enhancements that will improve the reliability and performance of the system;
- Script the automation of regular tasks to help streamline operations and perform data collection;
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and stability of business and research applications;
- Manage engineering projects in accordance with established quality system procedures;
- Post-release monitoring of a product. Lead the required design improvements as needed;
- Leadership of a technical core function for the system (electro-mechanical or optical);
- Software script development to create customer output products;
- Act as organizational interface with customers and provide internal analysis and support;
- Lead design transfer knowledge to the manufacturing and service groups;
- Requirements gathering and analysis;
- Lead and manage Systems Modeling of a design (cost, reliability, manufacturability, serviceability);
- Manage performance of multiple hardware and software platforms;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Install, configure and maintain Linux servers and assist in server migrations.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer – SQL Server: – Desirable;
- Oracle Inventory Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Applications Database Administrator Certified Professional;
- Vehicle integration (i.e. Humvee, Stryker);
- At least 5+ years in systems engineering;
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) / Machine Learning (ML);
- Linux (Red Hat preferred, CentOS, Ubuntu);
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks;
- Strong sense for security – both internally and on the hosting systems;
- Well organized, attentive to details, and able to meet demanding deadlines;
- Monitoring/Alerting/Logging Services and correlating patterns (ArcSight, Zabbix, SCOM);
- Virtualization (VMware, Red Hat Virtualization [RHEV]);
- Experienced in scripting such as Bash, Perl, Python, Powershell etc;
- Tactical Assault Kit (TAK, ATAK);
- Experience developing and integrating mobile computing (i.e. DRS MFOCS);
- Configuration Management (Red Hat Satellite, Ansible and Puppet).