Network Engineer III installs, maintains and evaluates network systems and communications. Troubleshoots the complex network issues involving various factors. Being a Network Engineer III conducts network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies. Must have extensive knowledge of Internet, computer, routers, switches, firewall, etc. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree of computer science, or engineering or its equivalent. Additionally, Network Engineer III typically reports to a manager. The Network Engineer III contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. To be a Network Engineer III typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Network Engineer III Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Network Engineer III to join our team.
- Respond to and use an online ticketing system to fill service requests from users;
- Integrate and partner with programs to solve complex infrastructure problems;
- Assure a high level of reliability and performance through network monitoring and infrastructure management;
- Revise, and maintain technical and operational documentation (including procedures) to continually improve networking environments;
- Ensure network compliance with security and performance requirements (NISPOM, RMF/DISA);
- Assist in developing the overall performance and capability of your technical team through knowledge sharing;
- Install, maintain and evaluate network systems and communications;
- Troubleshoot the complex network issues involving various factors;
- Conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies;
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of “First Do No Harm”;
- Work as an agile member of a development team;
- Drive network issues, setup and resolutions towards customer success;
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement;
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care;
- Design and execute test plans to validate network topologies.
- Strong communication skills;
- Must have hands on experience with networking devices from Arista and Juniper . Nokia;
- BS CS/CE/EE plus 3+ years of experience. MS degree preferred;
- Create documentations and ability to use previously created documentations;
- Experience with Network Time Protocol (NTP) and Precision Time Protocol (PTP) a plus;
- System Administration Experience with Linux, Windows. Including Installation, configuration and monitoring;
- Proven expertise in creating test methodologies and writing test plans;
- Familiarity with test automation tools and scripting languages desired;
- Experience with networking and system tools desired.