Carpenters and joiners make and install wooden structures, fittings and furniture.
Carpenter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Carpenter to join our team.
- Complete previous projects or receive new project instructions from construction manager or supervisor;
- Read blueprints, drawings and sketches to fully grasp requirements;
- Holding plumb bobs, sighting rods, or other equipment to aid in establishing reference points and lines;
- Skills needed to lay out flooring, roofing, and drywall;
- Maintain accurate work records and logs;
- Provides customers and coworkers with a remarkable experience;
- Proficiently form slabs, columns and walls for concrete pours;
- Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall;
- Other duties may include light electrical and plumbing work;
- Install shingles and tiles in proper manner to ensure proper overlap and coverage;
- Construct and repair structural wood work and equipment in the yard, industrial and commercial property;
- Report on progress to managers, engineers etc;
- Stick Framing;
- Install sheetrock on metal stud walls and patches damaged areas on existing walls;
- Design, construct, remodel, repair and install cabinets. Install flooring, ceiling and wall covering materials.
- Experience working with equipment such as: boom lifts, scissor lifts, and forklifts;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Excellent understanding of carpentry techniques and methods of installation and construction;
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary to deliver the project on time;
- At least 5 years of carpentry experience;
- Eagerness and willingness to learn and receive instruction/direction from qualified Journeyman Carpenter;
- Good physical condition, stamina, and dexterity;
- 3 years of experience in carpentry;
- Effective planning and organization skills;
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety;
- Ability to read blueprints and translate into fabricated products;
- Minimum 4 years Carpentry experience;
- OSHA a plus or will be provided;
- Must have reliable transportation;
- Associate is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel. Must have good hand-eye coordination.