Carpenter General Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Carpenter General to join our team.
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and sketches and to fully grasp requirements;
- Skilled in use of all tools necessary to cut, shape and smooth lumber and other material;
- Ability to assemble/build scaffolding and other needed construction structures;
- Skills needed to lay out flooring, roofing, and drywall;
- Inspect products and conduct repairs or maintenance as needed;
- Accuracy taking measurements and calculating the size and amount of material needed for a project;
- Able to install items such as hardwood floors, siding, cabinets, drywall, and insulation a plus.
- Proficient in using electrical and hand tools as well as measurement tools;
- Solid basic math skills;
- Good physical condition, stamina, and dexterity;
- Strong working knowledge of carpentry techniques and methods, including installation and construction;
- Hands-on experience working with carpentry materials;
- Ability to accurately read blueprints and technical drawings;
- Significant work history as a Carpenter;
- High School Diploma;
- Willingness to comply with all safety guidelines at all times.