Construction carpenters construct, install, and repair structures and fixtures of wood, plywood, and wallboard, using carpenter’s hand tools and power tools.
Construction Carpenter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Construction Carpenter to join our team.
- Estimate height, width, length, and other proportions;
- Install partitions, doors, and windows;
- Work with blueprints or instructions from supervisors;
- Build tunnel bracing;
- Work on top of stilts, ladders, and the top beams of buildings;
- Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall;
- Erecting scaffolding;
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives;
- Work with prefabricated buildings;
- Use levels, rules, plumb bobs, framing squares, and surveying equipment to ensure everything is level and secure;
- Perform field inspections to ensure contracted work is accurate;
- Perform various carpentry tasks such as framing, trim, firestopping, sheetrock, flooring, painting, etc;
- Read and interpret blueprints;
- Perform site clean-up as required;
- Obey all safety rules and regulations on the site.
- Must be reliable and punctual;
- Ability to listen to, understand, and follow directions;
- Ability to operate power and hand tools;
- Ability to read blueprints;
- Ability to do physical labor and other strenuous physical tasks;
- Ability to work overtime to meet the needs of the job;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Ability to remain flexible as specific assignments change;
- Ability to work in all weather.