Commercial Carpenter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Commercial Carpenter to join our team.
- Experienced required;
- Assembling and fastening materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue;
- Erecting scaffolding, ladders for assembling structures above ground levels;
- Following established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment;
- Shaping or cutting materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws;
- Removing damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools;
- Studying specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required;
- Inspecting ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures.
- Drug free at all times;
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as ability to complete a company specific safety orientation;
- 5 years of experience as a C ommercial Carpenter;
- Reliable transportation to/from job sites;
- OSHA 10 Construction Safety Certification preferred;
- Ability to comprehend schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans and other specifications required;
- Basic carpentry tools;
- 2 years of experience in commercial carpentry;
- Experience working with equipment such as: boom lifts, scissor lifts, and forklifts;
- High standard of integrity and professionalism.