The Experienced Carpenter follows plans to ensure requirements and specifications are met. Inspects, repairs, installs, modifies, rebuilds, constructs, and maintains woodwork and other related structures. Being an Experienced Carpenter requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. An apprenticeship and/or formal training may be required. In addition, Experienced Carpenter typically reports to a supervisor/manager. Being an Experienced Carpenter gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. Working as an Experienced Carpenter typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Experienced Carpenter Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Experienced Carpenter to join our team.
- Inspecting floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures;
- Assembling and fastening materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue;
- Following established safety rules and regulations and maintaining a safe and clean environment;
- Shaping or cutting materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws;
- Removing damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replace, using hand tools.
- Valid driver’s license;
- Willing to submit to a pre-employment background check & drug screen;
- At least two years experience as a carpenter;
- Basic carpentry skills;
- Strong math and measurement skills;
- Must follow instructions from project manager;
- 2-3 years of experience in carpentry;
- Must be able to work indoors or outdoors in all weather conditions;
- Must be able to meet deadlines;
- Must have own tools, belt, steel toe shoes, etc.