The Master Electrician ensures all work performed meets required safety codes. Inspects, repairs, installs, and maintains electrical systems, machinery, and equipment. Being a Master Electrician generally required to complete an apprenticeship. Uses a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment. In addition, Master Electrician typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a manager. Typically requires an Electrician’s license granted by state. Being a Master Electrician has gained full proficiency in a broad range of activities related to the job. Independently performs a wide range of complex duties under general guidance from supervisors. Working as a Master Electrician typically requires 5-7 years of related experience.
Master Electrician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Master Electrician to join our team.
- Employees may encounter some new situations requiring new solutions;
- This position is a bargaining unit position that is represented by the International Union of Operating Engineers, Local 542;
- Conducts preventative maintenance Emergency response (24/7) to any of our locations;
- Provides expert level maintenance support in electrical field Troubleshoots the most complex problems and issues;
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers Ability to perform other assigned duties as required;
- May be responsible for directing and inspecting work of assigned personnel;
- Develops and maintains various electrical preventative maintenance programs and protocols related to our assets, equipment, and facilities;
- Provides primary expertise on projects and tasks (such as scope and project budgeting);
- Provide electrical design input to engineering installation plans and Engineering Change Proposals (ECP);
- Provide detailed reports on equipment’s failures maintenance requirements and lifecycle replacements;
- Performs power quality measurements on the commercial and technical power of the facility and plans actions for correction of any deficiencies;
- Provide technical assistance and support in electrical maintenance, repair, installation, troubleshooting, and hands-on repairs;
- Provide 24-hour 7-day quick reaction technical support to mission critical equipment’s;
- Able to maneuver in small spaces and lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be willing and available for duty at such hours, day or night, as may be required to maintain continuous operation of this facility;
- Must be capable of lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds at least 20 yards;
- Ability to work in a variety of adverse weather conditions including extreme heat or cold and/or emergency conditions;
- Expert-level knowledge of electrical field Full understanding of relevant policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of procurement procedures;
- Knowledge of all applicable federal, state and other safety regulations and procedures;
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, wiring diagrams and specifications Ability to read work orders and translate them to work plans.