Home Care Aide I provides household management activities to enable patients in independence at home. Assists patient with self-administered medications and emotional supports. Being a Home Care Aide I typically requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or a manager. Additionally, Home Care Aide I may require CPR certified. The Home Care Aide I possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Home Care Aide Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Home Care Aide to join our team.
- Assist client with the self-administration of medications (no administering or measuring);
- Follow a care plan for the client and report on completed tasks;
- Provide routine house cleaning, laundry, and assist with meal preparation;
- Observe and report any changes in client’s condition;
- Assist with personal care (bathing, dressing, etc.);
- Monitors patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise;
- Assists patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming;
- Helps family members care for the patient;
- Records patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notifying nursing supervisor of changing or unusual conditions;
- Protects the home care agency by adhering to professional standards, home care policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements;
- Ensures that required documentation is complete and is in compliance with regulations and standards;
- May prepare and serve meals as directed and ensures that dishes are washed and kitchen is clean after each meal;
- Reminds client to take self-administered medications;
- Ensures collection & documentation of required data;
- Records and reports changes in the client’s physical condition, behavior, or appearance.
- Reliable, energetic, self-motivated and well-organized;
- High school diploma or GED, and one year of in-home care services experience;
- Authorized to work lawfully in the United States;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Must be 18 years of age;
- Must be a Certified Nursing Assistant or have 1 year experience in homecare;
- Able to bend, kneel, squat, stand, sit, walk, reach, crouch, and lift up to 25 pounds;
- personal hygiene;
- meal preparation;
- Able to function independently in the home setting with minimal direct supervision;
- Monitoring clients and notifying changes in condition to Care Manager;
- CA Registered and cleared by the state;
- Access to reliable transportation with a willingness to travel within the Orange area.