Medical Assistants Medical assistants complete administrative and clinical tasks in hospitals, offices of physicians, and other healthcare facilities.
Medical Assistant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Medical Assistant to join our team.
- Verify patient information by interviewing the patient, recording the medical history, confirming the purpose of the visit;
- answer phones, and take messages;
- Take and record patient’ vitals; give injections;
- Perform various laboratory procedures to include urine analysis, cultures, immunization, Hgb, lead levels and EKGs;
- Participate in department or unit quality improvement activities;
- Inspects sterile items prior to opening and lay supplies out on sterile field in an organized manner;
- Assist in building medical policies and procedures;
- Performs initial triage assessment/data collection to identify care needs of the patient;
- Collect and prepare path/lab specimens;
- Prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician;
- Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician;
- Ensure ongoing communication with Patient Flow Coordinator, Center Manager, and other center staff;
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations;
- Provide Abortion referral and education;
- Contacts patients with lab results and sends letters to patients as necessary.
- Knowledge of medical terminology to communicate with medical staff is necessary;
- Must have own reliable transportation, good driving record, and car insurance;
- Knolwdge of e clinical hlepful;
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a medical setting preferred . Urology experience is a plus;
- Ability to type 40 WPM;
- Good time management skills, attention to detail, organized and flexible;
- Effective and concise communication skills;
- Current BLS Certification;
- Readily take direction from physicians and coordinating staff;
- Ability to operate in a multi-task, high traffic office;
- Highly detail-oriented and able to develop plans and execute to completion programs, activities events and administrative tasks;
- Impeccable verbal, written, and interpersonal skills;
- Understanding of medical terminology, coding procedures and reference tools;
- Must be able to speak clearly and make self understood to the patient.