Monitor Tech Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Monitor Tech to join our team.
- Operates complex cardiac monitoring systems, including ECG rhythm screens, computerized dysrhythmia detection system, and rhythm printers;
- Tuition Reimbursement;
- Ability to work cooperatively with members of the healthcare delivery team;
- Maintains equipment and monitors (including proper cleaning) and reports any malfunctions to the appropriate Biomed individual;
- Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in the workload and work schedules;
- Ability to set priorities, make critical decisions, and respond quickly to emergencies;
- Knowledge of telemetry services;
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1;
- Benefits – Our competitive benefits package includes*;
- Shift/Schedule ï¿½ Full-time days with 12 hour shifts & rotating weekends;
- Location/Facility ï¿½ Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Grapevine;
- Specialty/Department/Practice ï¿½ Monitoring Room;
- Location/Facility – Baylor Scott & White Medical Center – Irving;
- Shift/Schedule – Full-time days with 12 hour shifts & rotating weekends.
- Completion of medical terminology course;
- ECG training preferred, must successfully complete in 6 months of hire;
- CPR certification preferred, required within 6 months of hire;
- Successful completion of Basic Coronary Care;
- Prior experience as a Unit Clerk and/or Monitor Technician;
- Associates degree in a related field and previous hospital experience preferred;
- Unit Clerk Experience preferred. Successful completion of unit clerk orientation required.