Outpatient Registered Nurse – RN Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Outpatient Registered Nurse – RN to join our team.
- Assesses, collaborates and documents patient/family’s basic learning needs to provide initial and ongoing education to patients and family;
- Promotes infection control, equipment and environmental safety;
- Checks availability of adequate emergency equipment and supplies as assigned;
- Makes referrals to Social Worker and Registered Dietitian as appropriate for individual patient education and counseling;
- Delegates appropriate tasks to direct patient care staff including but not limited to LVN/LPNs and Patient Care Technicians;
- Ensures physician orders for assigned patients are entered and acknowledged in the Medical Record;
- Expected to complete requirements to advance to the next CAP level, for which they qualify, within 24 months from date of hire;
- Serves as a resource for health care team, participates in staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned;
- Initiates or assists with emergency response measures;
- Assesses daily assigned patient care needs and collaborates with direct and ancillary patient care staff as needed;
- Participates in all required staff meetings as scheduled;
- Assists with medication tracking and inventory as assigned;
- Supports and promotes the FMCNA’s mission, vision, values, and customer service philosophy;
- Outpatient including assessments and phone triage;
- Supports and promotes the FMCNAs mission, vision, values, and customer service philosophy.
- Current Healthcare Provider certification (CPR);
- Current RN licenMinimum one year clinical experience as a Registered Nurse (RN);
- Strong organizational and communication skills;
- Current license in good standing (in applicable state).