Radiation Therapists Radiation therapists treat cancer and other diseases in patients by administering radiation treatments.
Radiation Therapist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Radiation Therapist to join our team.
- Delivers prescribed radiation treatment. (50%);
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately;
- Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency standards;
- Delivers appropriate patient treatment plan in collaboration with physician and dosimetrist;
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Maintains detailed records of all therapy sessions;
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history);
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic parameters accurately;
- Maintains and adjusts necessary equipment, including linear accelerator;
- Assesses, supports, and educates patients according to specific department guidelines. (10%);
- Performs patient simulations. (20%);
- Maintains medical records for treatment delivery, charge entry and quality assurance in accordance with regulatory and departmental guidelines. (15%).
- ARRT and Maryland Radiation Therapist certifications;
- Experience using Varain 21 EX or Linear;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task;
- Current CPR Card;
- Completion of the National A.R.R.T. certification program or the International equivalent;
- Current ARRT certification;
- Valid A.R.R.T. License and Valid California State License in Radiation Therapy;
- Experience with Varian 21 EX or Linear Accelerator;
- Certification and ongoing registration in Radiation Therapy/American Registry of Radiological Technologists (A.R.R.T.);
- Graduation of an accredited radiation therapy program;
- Current BLS Certification;
- Registered Radiation Therapist (ARRT) or registry eligible within New Mexico certification;
- BLS certification through AHA;
- New graduates a possibility.