Radiation Therapist – Radiation Therapy Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Radiation Therapist – Radiation Therapy to join our team.
- Delivers quality, cost effective patient care in a professional manner;
- Safely provide the correct radiotherapy treatment to patients;
- Works effectively to maintain an environment of excellence, which is patient focused, providing timely, compassionate, quality patient care;
- Establish the correct radiation dosage and location or area to treat;
- Operate the medical equipment used for radiotherapy;
- Promotes and maintains a safe work environment for both staff and customers, incorporating national patient safety initiatives;
- Assure compliance with federal, state, and local technical and professional regulations and accepted practiced guidelines;
- Discuss various treatment plans with patient; developed in partnership with a clinical oncologist and physician;
- Maintain accurate records of patient treatment regimen;
- Help patients to understand the potential side effects of radiation treatment and how to manage any associated side effects.
- Eighteen months of Radiation Therapy experience preferred, ideally in a critical care setting;
- Certification from American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) in Radiation Therapy;
- Current CPR Certification;
- Most states require licensure;
- Other requirements to be determined by our client facility.