Medical Assistant/Scribe Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Medical Assistant/Scribe to join our team.
- Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving injections and removing sutures;
- Show patients to examination rooms, procedure rooms or operative rooms and prepare them for the physician;
- Ensure proper consent forms are obtained prior to preparing a patient for treatment;
- Participate in department or unit quality improvement activities;
- Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms neat and clean;
- Record patients’ medical history, medications, allergies, vital statistics and information such as test results in medical records;
- Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, wound care instructions and physicians’ instructions to patients;
- Inspects sterile items prior to opening and lay supplies out on sterile field in an organized manner;
- Assist physician with surgical procedure while maintaining sterile field;
- Under Provider direction, authorize drug refills and provide prescription information to pharmacies;
- Performs accurate documentation of all procedures in a timely manner;
- Responsible for cleaning room and medical equipment in between each patient and at the end of the day;
- Collect blood, tissue or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing;
- Works with provider to ensure proper compliance documentation to all regulatory bodies;
- Promotes customer service: ensures all contact with internal and external customers is pleasant, polite and professional.
- Sit, stand, walk;
- More than 50% of the time;
- See, speak and hear to be able to communicate with patients;
- Repetitive movement of hands, arms and legs.